Viva Reimers ‘24 Emertainment Monthly / Marketing Merch & Events Coordinator
The hit Playstation game, The Last of Us Part II (2020), is getting a major upgrade. The Naughty Dog–a Playstation company– has just announced that on January 19, 2024 a new version of The Last of Us Part II will be released and available for purchase. The Last of Us Part II: Remastered has all the same game features as the original game yet has additional playing modes, deleted stories that didn’t make the first cut, and even an opportunity to free play Joel’s guitar!On the Playstation Blog, Playstation says:
“The engrossing campaign returns alongside technological improvements, new modes, and new behind-the-scenes features that will deepen your understanding of Part II’s creation.”
Fans are sure to go through some new emotional storylines that will enhance the understanding of each character.
The game will be exclusively on the PS5 console. It will have improved graphics, a native 4K output and unlocked framerate on VRR-compatible televisions. Players will be able to experience full DualSense controller integration which will be complete with adaptive trigger utilization and haptic feedback.
Here are all the new features that will be available upon its release:
- New playable characters will be available. This includes: Lev, Tommy, Joel, Yara, Mel, Manny, Dina, and Jesse;
- New survival “roguelike” mode called, “No Return” where players will be able to test their combat skills as any playable character against randomized encounters. Upon completion of a round of this game mode players will be able to get rewards, unlock more characters and skins, and new ways to specialize each character;
- A daily global leaderboard and the ability to compete against others;
- “Lost Levels” which are playable sequences previously cut from the game. This will include developer commentary to give players a deeper understanding of the games development process;
- ‘Speech to Vibrations’ feature which uses the vibrations of the DualSense controller to “indicate character speech and cadence”
The remastered version of The Last of Us Part II will generate preliminary excitement for the next season of the HBO Max show: The Last of Us. The second season of the show had just been confirmed for renewal a few days before The Last of Us Part II: Remastered was announced.
If you already own The Last of Us Part II, Playstation is offering an upgrade to the remastered version for only $10 so no need to buy the game at full price. However, to sweeten the deal Playstation is offering The Last of Us Part II: Remastered W.L.F Edition. This edition will be exclusively available for pre-order on the Playstation website on December 5th and include the game, a SteelBook display case, four enamel pins, a Washington Liberation Front Patch, and 47 Society of Champions trading cards, including 8 limited edition holographic cards.